Ethereum Technical Info
1. Ethereum Homestead Documentation (can be looked at instead of white paper): http://www.ethdocs.org/en/latest/ (last accessed Jan. 9, 2018)
2. Ethereum Website: https://www.ethereum.org/ (last accessed Jan. 9, 2018)
4. Mining Ethereum: https://www.coindesk.com/information/how-to-mine-ethereum/ (last accessed Jan. 9, 2018)
5. Ethereum Mining Profitability Calculator: https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/eth?HashingPower=20&HashingUnit=MH%2Fs&PowerConsumption=140&CostPerkWh=0.12&MiningPoolFee=1 (last accessed Jan. 9, 2018)
Ethereum should not be stored in exchanges. This is especially true for large amounts of ethereum.
Ethereum can be stored in a "wallet". A wallet can be created online or you can purchase a cold-storage wallet for offline storage. Various options are produced below.
Always make sure you know how to backup your wallet and access your private key to prevent calamity in the event of a hardware failure.
1. Ledger Nano S (this is what I use and I am extremely happy with it; know that you can only store about 4 different types of cryptos on this wallet at any one time, although it is compatible with a vast amount of cryptos): https://www.ledgerwallet.com/products/ledger-nano-s (last accessed Jan. 9, 2018)
2. Trezor: https://trezor.io/
2. 5 Tips For Finding The Next Bitcoin, Ethereum, And Ripple (Jan. 14, 2018): https://www.forbes.com/sites/panosmourdoukoutas/2018/01/14/5-tips-for-finding-the-next-bitcoin-ethereum-and-ripple/#1d3361ad5dcd