Our Favorite Exchanges
Last updated on Apr. 11, 2018
This is not a complete list of all possible crypto exchanges (complete list of exchanges can be found here). However, the following exchanges are generally trusted within the crypto community and I have personally used exchanges 1-11, 13, & 16 (Coinbase, Poloniex, Kraken, Binance, HitBTC, Cryptopia, IDEX, KuCoin Bitstamp, and EtherDelta, ShapeShift, Cobinhood, and Robinhood). I've had good results with every exchange I've used thus far, although ShapeShift has been having trouble with loading times recently and Coinbase's fees are a bit too high for my liking and tend to be a deterrent (although, for certain states, you can use GDAX).
Clicking on a bold exchange will bring you to their website in a new tab.
NOTE THAT WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND AGAINST BITFINEX DUE TO THE RECENT CONTROVERSY INVOLVING $TETHER AND BITFINEX. TO READ MORE ABOUT THE DETAILS, CLICK HERE.
MARKET CONSOLIDATION EVENT (Feb. 26, 2018): "Circle" buys "Poloniex"
2. Poloniex (lots of altcoins available) [purchased by Circle on 2/26/2018]
3. Binance (IOTA available here)
4. HitBTC (Naga available here)
8. Kraken (one of the largest fiat exchanges; offers EUR, USD, Yen, and CAN fiat trading pairs)
10. Local Bitcoin (for in-person trading)
11. ShapeShift (super cool; no account required)
13. Cobinhood (no fees!!) (Naga available here)
14. OKEX (Naga available here) (one of largest Asian exchanges)
15. CoinFalcon (Lamden (TAU), IOTA, RaiBlocks, Bitcoin, Ethereum, & Litecoin available here)
16. Robinhood (no fees!!) [currently only available in certain states; also provides fee-free trades for stocks and ETFs]
Exchange Comparison Review Articles
- This Big Cryptocurrency Acquisition Could Create a Wall Street-Style Financial Giant: http://fortune.com/2018/02/26/circle-cryptocurrency-trade-bitcoin/ (last accessed Feb. 26, 2018)
- Best Cryptocurrency Exchanges: The Ultimate Guide: https://blockgeeks.com/guides/best-cryptocurrency-exchanges/ (last accessed Jan. 10, 2018)