Crypto Tax Accounting Software
Here, we provide direct links to the two most commonly used accounting software solutions for cryptocurrency investors. The author has personally tried both and preferred Bitcoin.Tax over CoinTracking.Info due to ease-of-use and relatively lower price points.
Both vendors seem to be well-regarded in the crypto community and neither seems to represent much of a privacy threat, although you are always in charge of protecting your own information!
Both programs can generate all the forms you need for filing taxes when submit your info. They also both offer free services up to a certain amount of transactions. For a review of each software, click HERE to be redirected to a Forbes article on the issue.
If you're simply looking for a crypto tax professional to help you figure everything out, you can find a state-by-state list by clicking HERE.
Tax Prep Info
1. [AWESOME TAX GUIDE] A Guide to Dealing With Tax on Bitcoin & Cryptocurrency Profits (Jan. 5, 2018): https://www.dmarge.com/2018/01/minimising-tax-bitcoin.html (last accessed Jan. 9, 2018)
2. [HIGH LEVEL DISCUSSION] Income, from Whatever Exchange, Mine, or Fork Derived: The Basics of U.S. Cryptocurrency Taxation (Dec. 6, 2017): https://www.natlawreview.com/article/income-whatever-exchange-mine-or-fork-derived-basics-us-cryptocurrency-taxation
3. Cryptocurrency Traders Risk IRS Trouble With Like-Kind Exchanges (Aug. 15, 2017): https://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspeculations/2017/08/15/cryptocurrency-traders-risk-irs-trouble-with-like-kind-exchanges/ (last accessed Jan. 9, 2018) (like-kind exchange positions between different crypto classes are unlikely to stand up to an IRS audit)
5. Bitcoin Sellers Cut Taxes By Moving Before Sale (Dec. 21, 2017): https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2017/12/21/bitcoin-sellers-cut-taxes-by-moving-before-sale/#a09aa681ddb9
6. IMPORTANT: Coinbase Reports to IRS!!! (Nov. 29, 2017) https://techcrunch.com/2017/11/29/coinbase-internal-revenue-service-taxation/ (last accessed Jan. 9, 2018)